Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hola Everyone!

We survived transfers! I don't really know how but yes, we lived through transfers! AH! But lets go back to last week before we jump ahead.

So for Valentine's day Sister Steenhoek and I decided to celebrate one of the few Valentine's Day(s) that we would have a good excuse to be single. *Insert fist pump here* We decided to go to the ever-so-romantic Olive Garden...not for lunch...for dinner! Gasp! I know...among millions of couples.... It was SO interesting! We spent a lot of time observing, as you can imagine, and we decided that after are missions we are making a resolve to NEVER be on the phone while going to dinner with someone! It was so sad! We were looking at all of the couples around us and in every single couple at least one of them was on their phone! So terrible! So yeah...we learned a lot...and ate some pretty delicious food at the same time. (:

Earlier that day we went to Wal-Mart for our weekly grocery shopping and 3 different people stopped us as we were shopping, both members and non-members, just to talk to us! It was so cool! One of them was the cutest old lady ever! She was shopping with her son and asked us to call one of her daughters who was not a member. Then, her kind son offered to pay for our groceries. We are just so blessed, people are so sweet to the missionaries here.

On Saturday I received an inbound call from a wonderful lady in Florida. She is not a member but she has a friend who converted to the church. She began to tell me about how happy her friend and her friend's husband became after joining the church. She noticed their family life improved and they just started receiving so many blessings, like a house to live in and enough money to buy food! She told me, "I just know that it has something to do with this religion!" Wow! So prepared! My new companion and I are going to be teaching her, we're really excited for her because she will notice blessings like that in her life too as she accepts and lives the gospel of Jesus Christ!:) Blessings blessings!!!

This morning in Relief Society I was thinking about how unique this mission is. Each day we get texts from West Gate every time there is someone on the square who would like a tour. The texts tell us how many people there are, where they are, and what language they speak. And I can testify...we get a LOT of texts from West Gate. I was thinking about it this morning when I suddenly realized: Any other mission in the world would give anything for the chance to receive a text message whenever someone wanted to learn more about the church. BUT they don't have that luxury.... It really reminded me to take advantage of each text because when I'm outbound I won't be getting a hundred texts a day telling me where to go to find people who would like to learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm very glad I realized that while I am still here.

My new companion is Sister Richardson! She is from North Carolina (WOO! SOUTHERN)! Her accent is comforting and reminds me of my lovely family back in Alabama....<3 She's sooo funny and I'm so exciting to be training her to be the next Fleet commander!

Yesterday, transfer day, was probably the craziest day ever...but everything still worked out. We were awake from 3a.m. to 3p.m. helping departing, returning and departing outbound sisters get to the airport to their flights. We spent a lot of time in a car as well because there were some last minute appointments sisters had to be taken to. Pretty much, I'm becoming very pro at navigating Salt Lake City, Utah. It's a pretty neat blessing.:)

I wish I could write about all the daily miracles but it would take so so long and there are some things that we feel prompted not to write, for different reasons. I've been writing all of them down in my journal though so I'll be able to remember and share them after the mission. Basically, being a missionary is such a blessing. There are so many things that happen on a day-to-day basis that reaffirm everything I know to be true. Being called of God to help others received the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is something very special. I hope no one ever turns down the opportunity for any reason, it would be a huge mistake.

Well that is all the news for this week. I love you all and pray for each of you! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Davis

All the announcing sistesr last week for Music and the Spoken Word haha(:

Me, Sister Malavasi (from Italy) Sister Mathais (who is really from England but also lived in Germany), Sister Taito (from Tahiti), and Sister Yang (from Taiwan)

I would go through and name each sister and where they're from but the signs are pretty explanatory(:

Sister Mathais (from England) and I. She is SO funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment