Monday, April 14, 2014

General Conference is TOMORROW!!!! (April 4th)

Hola y amigos de la familia! Ha sido una semana increíble. Mi nueva compañera es la hermana Fuentes de Chile! Ella ya me está enseñando español! Woo!

My brain is all jumbled up because I can't decide what to write about first and I'm just so excited! Haha!(: My last few days with Sister Richardson were great! We almost died of stress, but we made it through crazy transfers as fleet!

Our amazing investigator from Ireland/Canada was baptized on Sunday! It almost wasn't able to take place though, the night before his baptism he was in a head on collision! He was in the hospital when he texted us, but he let us know pretty quickly that he wasn't going to let it keep him from his baptism. (: He was baptized the following morning and we are so so happy for him. He's now preparing to go the temple and in a year from now, he, his fiance and their children will all be sealed as a family for time and all eternity! AH! I can't tell you how happy I am! Families are forever! Haha(:

The General Woman's meeting was last Saturday! And you can see me in it! Haha! I saw the screenshot mom and dad sent, I also have a different screen shot later on in the program...so you can see me twice. Haha not that it's really important....just pretty awesome! I loved loved loved the meeting! Our investigator in Indiana, who I found in my first transfer, was able to watch the broadcast with the ward members in her church. During the first talk they focused a lot on the covenant of baptism, I couldn't help but think of my sweet friend in Indiana. Well, the next day she sent me a text, she had talked to the bishop and she now has a baptism date! I'm so happy for her! It is amazing to see how the gospel has really influenced her life! When I first found her, she had called in to mormon.org and she was going through such a hard time and was really looking for more in life. And now she is SO happy and has many friends in the church and really knows The Book of Mormon is the word of God! It's like I tell people I meet her on the square every day, the gospel really does improve the quality of anyone's life regardless of age, gender, background, etc!

This last Tuesday my previous companion, Sister Richardson, and I were walking in the same tunnels we saw the 12 apostles in last week and guess who we saw??? :) :) The General Primary Presidency!!! They were SO beautiful! As we walked past they smiled and said hello, then Sister Wixom (the president) looked back at us and said, "Wow you look so beautiful!" :D The general primary president told us we were beautiful! Haha(: Such a special treat seeing them!

Transfer day on Wednesday was SO exciting! It was amazing to welcome sisters back who had been outbound! Sister Li is back! Sister Sherratt is back! As well as my 2nd companion, Sister Esquivel!!!! She arrived late at night with Sister Magidson and we were asked to watch Sister Magidson's new companion until she returned. So when they pulled into the garage Sister Esquivel jumped out of the car and gave me the biggest hug I've had my entire mission haha(: I'm so happy she is back!!!

My new companion is Sister Fuentes! She is from Chile and I love her sooooooo much! She's in her 3rd transfer and she is such a hard worker and has the cutest personality! She loves singing and dancing and laughing! We get along great. (: We've also been assigned to work at West Gate this transfer! WOO! Since summer is coming it's going to be SO busy because in West Gate we report all the tours and find the sisters for tours and covers of assignments. It's going to be busy but it's going to be amazing!

Our investigators are doing so very well! Remember the amazing young girl I met a couple months ago in the Tabernacle, whom I gave my Book of Mormon to? She was from London and we had SO much in common. Well I heard back from her this week! She's been reading from the Book of Mormon and seems to really enjoy it thus far! It's so good to hear(: One of our other investigators who also lives in London has been doing very good as well, she's begun to pray and read from the Book of Mormon as well. Something our investigators continually remind me of, is that in order to gain a testimony of something, we must live that something. We will never know if God answers prayers unless we pray to Him! We won't ever know if the Book of Mormon is the word of God unless we read, ponder, and pray about it. Our investigators teach me so much. We have also found a few new investigators this last week, who are so wonderful! These people are very genuine and really just searching for truth. (:

General Conference is TOMORROW! I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous haha(: All the sisters have already picked out their outfit, how they'll do their hair, how they'll do their makeup etc.... And I'm like....the awkward one who isn't sure what to wear and didn't realize that this was such a big deal until they announced that there was a lady coming to teach us how to do hair and make-up...of course, that class was optional...so we didn't go. Haha(: Let's be honest, it's really not about what we wear, as long as it is our Sunday best! Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel. If they have already made these covenants with God, then our purpose is to uplift them and help them progress and help them help others! This conference is going to be SO good! My companion and I are going to be able to attend the Saturday afternoon session! Yay!!! The rest of our days will be meeting all the amazing people that come to the square! And since my companion speaks Spanish, we will get to spend a couple of hours at the Assembly Hall (where they broadcast it in Spanish) and uplift those members as well! I'm so excited!

If you or anyone you know is interested in tuning into General Conference it will be broadcast live on LDS.org or BYUtv. We invite all to watch it and to be uplifted by the inspiring messages from our church leaders!

Well, I think that is all the news from this week. If I've forgotten anything I'll write it in next week's letter. I'm excited to be able to share our amazing experiences from General Conference next week! Thank you for the support, the love and the prayers. I know this gospel is true and I know that we have a living prophet on this earth today. I'd like to invite each of you to keep a prayer in your heart as you watch General Conference. If you do, you will receive guidance and personal revelation meant just for you from our Father in Heaven.

I love you all!

Sister Davis

When you leave Fleet, Brother Ott in the Church Office Building makes you a huge box of cookies...haha(: We call him our "token member" because he's really the only member of the church that ever gets to buy us food(:

This is me and my new companion, Sister Fuentes! She's gorgeous, as you can tell!(:

Ahha! That's me in the General Woman's Meeting! WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment