Saturday, August 16, 2014

6th Transfer (May 14th)

So I am going to be completely honest, this letter is probably going to be very short due to the fact that I am not feeling well today. But I'll talk about that later, first off...

Sister Fuentes and I are staying together! Yay!!!! On transfer morning we were so so so nervous and we were the first ones to be at the zone spot, ten minutes early of course haha(: We will be moving out of West Gate and working in the Beehive House (Brigham Young's home). It will be an interesting experiences, seeing as anti-Mormons FLOCK to the Beehive House (with scriptures in hand) and we're beginning our summer season. Our biggest focus this transfer is probably going to be staying calm and being charitable. It's a great opportunity to develop Christlike attributes and I really don't want to waste it. (In other words it's going to be really hard but if it has a positive change on my character, then all the better.)

Last Saturday was Valerie's baptism. What an incredible experience! She has been very prepared and we are so happy for her. Her sweet spirit is so bright and it was so wonderful to see how happy she was after coming out of the water. She is just beautiful. Sister Fuentes, Sister Briggs, Sister Gearheart, and I sang a musical number. Instead of playing the guitar, this time I played the Ukulele. We called it: Baptism Music Part 2-Ukulele Status

Mother's Day was such a treat! And it was so wonderful to hear your voices! It was pretty exciting to get to hear from Sister Nicholls as well (although the fact that she was sitting in my bedroom was just a crazy thought...5 years ago I could have never foreseen that)!

Last night we took up dad on his offer and went to Sette Bello! It has been so long since having true pizza. Before going to dinner I was starting to get a head ache and I supposed that I wasn't drinking enough water, or was very hungry. So we ignored it and left for the pizzeria. (: Sister Truscilio was just tickled by everything there! (She had eaten their pizza before but never been to the restaurant.) She explained to us what each pizza was like and all the pictures/and or things on the walls from Italy. We took our first bite and Sister Truscilio and I looked at each other and said, "Now THIS is real pizza." Ah! It was sooo good! After our pizza they had a gelato place connect to them, so we obviously had to get some of that as well! It was a great dinner.

Unfortunately, once we got home I started to feel very very dizzy and the headache increased. I laid down but it felt like my head was going to explode and I was burning up like a cow in the oven, but at the same time I kept getting cold chills all over. :/ Needless to say my sleeping was a huge success last night, but this morning I took my temp and found I was at 100 degrees f....so I took some fever reducer. That got me through the morning but now it's coming back so thank the heavens above that it is pday today! Seriously, Heavenly Father is just so loving to allow this to happen on a pday. I feel insanely blessed! I'll probably just be sleeping the rest of the day. (:

BTW I will have more pictures next week of last night, I just forgot my camera this morning. Blame the fuzzy head haha(:

Well, I love you all so much! Thank you for being so supportive and for the prayers. They are very muchly needed. (: Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Davis

Us with Valerie! She is the sweetest(:

 The ladies

All the missionaries involved in the baptism of Valerie(: (Including our recent convert, Alan, whose baptism Valerie attended when she decided to be baptized.

Me at Valerie's baptism with the music chords prepping to sing!(:

No comments:

Post a Comment