Sunday, August 17, 2014

No, I'm not outbound I'm still on the square! Haha(: (July 1st)

I know! It's been like 5 years since you all last heard from me right?! Did you miss my letter? I hope so... :P

So I'm not outbound now, I'm still on Temple Square! :D :D My companion is Sister Merrill from Northern Idaho and she arrived from the MTC last Wednesday! Oh I just love her so much! She is such a hard worker and she's so willing to do anything scary and she's got the best attitude! I LOVE her! She was a percussionist in high school so, obviously, it wasn't hard to automatically become best friends. (:

Since the beginning of the transfer we have already had so many fantastic, spiritual experiences. Just this morning as we were walking past the Seagull Monument there was a girl sitting on a bench with a long board, and she seemed like someone who had been through some rough patches in life. While looking at her, the spirit just said we should go talk with her so we stopped and said hi. The first thing she said to us was, "Hey, so I have a question! I joined in a tour going on yesterday and I came back today because I was wondering if it would be possible to get a Book of Mormon?" So we took her in the to South VC, got her a copy, shared a scripture, and shared the promise of the Book of Mormon! She said she'll be in town all week and will be back so we plan on talking with her more while she's here and visiting the square. :D So cool!

Although Sister Merrill has been here less than a week, we've already taken several large group motor coach tours! She's such a good sport and she did SO well! In fact, in our first English tour we had about 35 guests that we took around and they asked so many questions that we didn't get to take them to all the places they wanted to see! Haha(: But we gave out several Book of Mormons! In fact, these two men came up to us afterwards and said, "I get it now! Those boys that play basketball with us back home are missionaries! They sacrifice so much! Wow...we're going to talk to them more!" Those two men were from the Philippines so if you hear any stories of two converts from there who had visited Temple Square then that would be cool haha(:

Sometimes we have very awkward experiences with tours though. Some things, you'd think I'd be used to by now...but I still feel extremely awkward when these Asian men are standing in front of me just trying to take pictures of me. I think they just assume I'll like it and start posing or something...? But it's awkward because I have to put my hand in front of my face and say in broken mandarin "Sorry, no picture. You must be in picture." A couple of days ago we were taking a tour and as everyone was sitting down in the Assembly Hall an Asian man on the front row said, "Sister Davis!" (then gave me a thumbs up.) I was like, "What?" And he said, "You are very beautiful." It was cute...but also kinda awkward haha

We have an investigator in Texas whom we just love so much! We found her on Mormon.org chat and she immediately accepted local missionaries into her home! Yesterday she texted us and said that she now has a baptism date for August 2nd!!! We're so happy for her! She has a very thick Texan accent so it'll be fun to chat with her on the phone this week and hear how excited she is(:

Family you are so funny! The sisters that saw mom and dad in the North Visitor Center were talking to me about 45 minutes later and said, "Oh hey you're parents are here, we just saw them 45 minutes ago." That was an awkward, shocking moment.. But then they told me that when you found out I wasn't outbound you immediately started to walk quickly out of the building hahahaha! I laughed so hard. (: And it was SO good to see Thomas!!! Wow, I was so happy to see him! We were in the teaching center about to wrap up when we got the text, "Sister Davis your brother is here at the flag pole!" So my companion and I just booked it out there!

Well, all-in-all, things are just so good. I just LOVE being a missionary on Temple Square.... Every time I watch any church movie that has Temple Square (or the pioneers coming here) in it I always just cry because I feel so lucky to be a missionary here. I wish I really could express how much love being a missionary here..and I wish I could tell you everything I've learned about all the sacrifice of the early members of the church. This place is where the prophet Isaiah talked about when he said that in the last days the mountain of the Lord would be established in the top of the mountains. Do you know what Utah mean? It means in the top of the mountains... Ah I just love this place so much!!

I love you all. Mom and dad, I'm glad that you hid from me while you were here. (: Thomas, I'm glad I saw you while you were here. Oh and I'm sorry the Temple is closed. :( I would have warned you if I could have! When it opens again I'll let you know haha! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love you more than Sister Merrill loves airplanes!!!

Sister Davis

On transfer day, Sister Mathias (from England/Germany) and I were matching. This was not planned:P

Giving my new companion a tour of the conference center! Her name is Sister Merrill and she is from Northern Idaho! Woo!(:

We already have immense companionship love and unity as you can see haha(:
(This is in the church history museum)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment